- 1 Minute to read
How do I limit what a user can see in my Organization?
- 1 Minute to read
Here at Droplet, our mission is to save you time and keep your users' data secure and one way we can make that happen is by allowing you to specify Roles and Permissions for the users in your organization. Creating different Roles for different scenarios and setting the Permissions associated with that Role will limit users to only certain actions or certain form(s) and submissions within your organization.
A few use cases for Roles and Permissions are:
- You have a payroll form on your account and your payroll staff only needs to see submissions to that form.
- The principals in your district only need to see submissions that are relevant to their school(s).
- The superintendent needs to see submissions for reimbursement approvals that are over a certain dollar amount.
- Your Human Resources department is divided into staff who process Certificated onboarding and staff who process Classified onboarding and each group only needs to see submissions that are relevant to them.
- Secretaries need to be able to see all submissions but not be able to take any actions on those submissions.
- And many more that are relevant to YOUR situation!
You can create as many Roles with as many different Permissions as you need for situations specific to your organization. These Roles can be assigned to the users in your organization and reassigned as needed if the people in your organization move to other positions. Users in your organization can also have multiple Roles assigned to them.
If your account has permission to edit roles, you will be able to change Role information and the associated Permissions. If your account has view-only permission, you may only see the list of Roles your organization has but not be able to edit them. If your account has no permissions around Roles, you will not see the Roles tab on your Accounts page. If you don't have the level of access you think you need, please contact your organization's administrator or email us.
Ready to get started with Roles and Permissions?